The TAMIDS 2023 Data Science Course Development Program Awardees. Left to Right, Upper Row: Jesus Arroyo (Statistics), Xin Li (Visual Computing), Xiaoning Qian (Electrical & Computer Engineering), Hongbin Wang (Center for Biomedical Informatics). Lower Row: Zhihong Xu (Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communications), Seung Won Yoon (Department of Educational Administration and Human Resource Development).
Texas A&M Institute of Data Science (TAMIDS) has announced 6 faculty awards that will support the creation of new courses in Data Science. The TAMIDS Data Science Course Development Program is offered in association with the Texas A&M Center for Teaching Excellence. Each award comprises $10,000 at the start of the project, with a further $5,000 payable upon completion of the project deliverables and submission of the course to the Texas A&M Curricular Approval Request System. The 2023 awards span the foundations, methods, and applications of Data Science.
- Jesus Arroyo, Department of Statistics; Special Topics in Network Data Analysis
- Xin Li (Lead), Visual Computing, School of Performance, Visualization, and Fine Arts; Deep Generative Learning for Visual Data.
- Xiaoning Qian, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering; Bayesian Deep Learning for Scientific Discovery.
- Hongbin Wang, Center for Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine; Foundations of Biomedical Informatics. Advanced Methods for Environmental Data.
- Zhihong Xu (Lead), Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communications;Big Data Analytics and Visualization Skills in the FANH Sciences.
- Seung Won Yoon, Department of Educational Administration and Human Resource Development; Workforce and People Analytics.