TAMIDS invites nominations of early career faculty for the Texas A&M Institute of Data Science Career Initiation Fellow program. Candidate Fellows must propose engagements with TAMIDS activities, programs, or its broader mission to lead and support the growth of Data Science research, education, service, and outreach at Texas A&M. TAMIDS particularly welcomes engagements that broaden knowledge of and participation in Data Science in communities within or beyond Texas A&M and/or pilot activities that align with TAMIDS mission but are not represented in its current programs. Each Fellow is eligible to receive an award totaling $10,000 in the form of a bursary to be transferred to a research account of the Fellowship recipient.
- A nominee must be a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor at the submission deadline date (see below) and have primary affiliation with adloc in Texas A&M University (including Galveston and Qatar campuses), TEES, TEEX, AgriLife Research, AgriLife Extension, or TTI.
- Preference will be given to nominees who have not previously received funding from TAMIDS under the Career Initiation Fellow Program.
- Nomination Deadline: April 17, 2023
- Results: awards will be announced by May 29, 2023
- Details of the program and the procedure for submission of nominations are described in the the full RFP
Information on Previous Awards
- Diego Rodriguez, TAMIDS Assistant Director for Educational Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org