Department of Computer Science, Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, Texas
Position Summary: A postdoctoral researcher is sought to collaborate in a NSF-funded project to enhance the understanding and applications of data science and deep learning research. The goal of the project is to strengthen the theoretical foundation of the big data analytics and to develop a novel deep learning software packages based on this enhanced foundation. The position involves the design and implementation of the theory and software, explore the existing theories in biological sciences, physics and mathematics to analyze deep neural networks and give new perspectives and insights about big data analytics.
This position requires the successful candidate to be motivated in exploring theoretical foundation of big data analytics with experience of research software prototype development.
Education Required: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemical Engineering, or a related STEM fields.
- Strong research background in computer science, statistical and mathematical sciences, physics or
- computational biology
- Research experience in big data analytics and deep learning
- Strong research knowledge in numerical optimizations
- Strong publication record in conferences and journals
- Proficiency in at least on object-oriented programming language
- Self-motivated, hardworking and organized
- Excellent communication skills in writing and while presenting/speaking
- Being a team player
- Interest in research and learning constantly
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and computational skills
- Biological science familiarity
Description of Job Duty:
- Design and implementation: Percentage of Time: 65
- Designs data science theories and carries out experiments
- Analyzes experimental data.
- Develops research software
- Formulates conclusions
- Communicates results and conclusions to the Principal Investigator and lab members
- Supervise graduate students in conducting the designated research tasks
- Coordinates project with collaborators. Percentage of Time: 15
- Assists in writing manuscripts for publication and grant reports. Percentage of Time: 10
- Presents research findings at group meetings and conferences. Percentage of Time: 10
Contact: Qualified applicants are encouraged to contact the PI, Dr. Noushin Ghaffari, directly at: email@example.com