Texas A&M Institute of Data Science (TAMIDS) has announced 6 faculty awards that will support the creation of new courses in Data Science. The TAMIDS Data Science Course Development Program is offered in association with the Texas A&M Center for Teaching Excellence. Each award comprises $10,000 at the start of the project, with a further $5,000 payable upon completion of the project deliverables and submission of the course to the Texas A&M Curricular Approval Request System. The 2022 awards span the foundations, methods, and applications of Data Science.
- Ashrant Aryal (Lead), Department of Construction Science; Applied Data Science for the Built Environment.
- Scott A. Bruce (Lead), Department of Statistics; Lisa M. Perez, Department of High Performance Research Computing (HPRC); Computing Tools for Data Science.
- Heng Cai (Lead), Department of Geography; Lei Zou, Department of Geography; Spatial Data Science: Advances and Applications.
- Irfan Khan (Lead), Department of Marine Engineering Technology, Texas A&M University at Galveston; Data Science for Marine Cybersecurity.
- Hui Liu (Lead), Department of Marine Biology, Texas A&M University at Galveston’ Advanced Methods for Environmental Data.
- Jian Tao (Lead), Department of Visualization; Andre Thomas, Department of Visualization; Introduction to Digital Twins.
See also the 2021 Data Science Course Development Program Awards