TAMIDS seeks to hire an Assistant Research Scientist who will develop research programs for innovative education and training in Data Science, and collaborate and coordinate with faculty and students to promote the growth of Data Science skills and knowledge. The successful candidate will have a PhD Degree in a field relating to Data Science and experience delivering Data Science Education in a university environment.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to:
- Develop research programs for innovative education in Data Science, encompassing for-credit programs, training courses for students and faculty, and professional and continuing education.
- Develop and deliver innovative courses and training modules in Data Science during implementation or in support of research programs in Data Science education, including developing innovative curriculum, assessment methods, class practices, and delivery, observation, and evaluation of these in class setting.
- Develop proposals for external research funding concerning Data Science education and training (such as NSF IGE, REU, RET, Data Science Corps) or within larger efforts (such as NSF TRIPODS, ERC, AI Institutes)
- Coordinate educational activities in support of research programs or as potential preliminary work toward future research programs.
- Coordinate with TAMU organizations to develop joint education programs in Data Science.
- Collaborate with faculty and researchers to develop and incorporate Data Science content into their courses.
- Act as the TAMIDS point of contact with students and student organizations for TAMIDS education activities.
- Conduct outreach efforts in Data Science to K-12 schools.
- Organize student competitions and hackathons.
How To Apply
Further specifics concerning the position and application procedures can be found on the Texas A&M Jobs Worksite
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values. The Texas A&M System is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veterans / Disability Employer committed to diversity. Texas A&M is dedicated to the goal of building an inclusive and culturally diverse researchers who are working in an environment of academic freedom and equality of opportunity
Contact and Enquiries
Jennifer South, TAMIDS, firstname.lastname@example.org